♥

Sunday, November 9, 2014

I'm happy...

Yesterday I finally got a good head start on this blog and it makes me feel good! After spending so much time not wanting to do anything but watch Netflix, I have finally pushed myself to do something that will hopefully make other people feel a little better. There is nothing that anyone can say to me or I can say to anyone that will ever take the pain away of losing a child, we can just make the best of what we have.

A few months after losing Joshua, when I was able to finally return back to work, I found that I kept hearing the same line from a lot of people. "You will get over it". I can't even stress to you enough, how angry that made me. I understand that they don't know how it feels and probably don't know what to say, but wouldn't it just be best to say nothing at all?

But.. what I always say back to them is..

"I will not get over it, but I will learn how to live with it".

I think it is our responsibility to educate people on this subject and teach them how to talk to people who have suffered any kind of loss. Most people don't realize how bad someone is hurting inside and how their words can almost make it worse. This is our time to grieve and heal, but from what I have found (maybe in my own situation) is that there are not too many people (even some friends) who forget what has happened to you, don't offer any kind of support, or only make things worse. I never thought, in my life, that I would EVER be on anti-depressants. I hate the fact that I am but it is the only thing that gives me that push to get up in the morning. Trust me.. I'd much rather each junk and watch TV all day.

My lesson for today...

Regardless of who the person is, whether they have ever suffered a loss, you should always be sensitive to someones feelings. You never know what they have going on inside their head. It can be more than anyone could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share with me.