♥

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Trying to be thankful...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone


Today is one of the many days where our hearts are weighed down with pain, knowing our babies won't be there for this holiday. It is hard to be thankful when your child cannot be there with you, but as angel moms, we need to be thankful for the precious baby you have created for God. 

I am thankful that I am able to keep busy today so that my mind does not take me to a sad place. Unfortunately, I cannot say this for my boyfriend. =[

He was very agitated when he woke up this morning and he just kept telling me he didn't know why. A little later he went out to shovel snow and he says to me, "this sucks."  I asked him what did and he just told me that, "it's not the same." All I needed to say was.. "do I know why?" He replied with a yes and I let it go. He does not like to talk about his emotions or get upset, so I will usually let him steer the conversation. I hate not knowing what is going on inside of him because I know there is nothing I can do. 

It is so different when dealing with males during their grief, especially because I can't even figure my own out. It is a complicated journey we are faced with, but that is what friends or family are for... and well all of us. =]

So please stay positive today.

  • Try including your angel today by placing their picture somewhere in the dining room so that you can share memories
  • If you have other children, you can create turkey hands together and make a special one for your angel baby
  • Talk of good memories of when you were pregnant and what you feel your baby is doing in Heaven. You can discuss what kinds of foods he/she might like.. only if you feel comfortable.
Remember, it is okay to cry and if it makes anyone uncomfortable because it is a holiday, then step aside with someone who is there to support you. Or, you can always find support here. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, share with me.